Here are the current features:
- CSS3 hardware transition support for Firefox and Webkit browsers
- Automatic or manual slide rotation
- Option to resume play after interruption
- Toggle to pause auto play on slide hover
- Set the initial slide index with a parameter
- Pass a navigation ID of a list and have the script bind either click or hover events for navigating the slideshow
- Ability to move to previous or next slide
- Functions to play and pause the automatic slideshow
- Parameter to set the transition duration
Other improvements include setting the opacity to 0 on slides besides the current one, cycling the z-index, improving code readability, upgrading the codebase to HTML5, and a handful of other tweaks.
To initialize the script use the following:
The first parameter is the variable name used for the object instance. This script has been tested in all major browsers and is available free of charge for both personal or commercial projects under the GNU GPL v3.0 license.